Scarlett's adventures: METALDAYS 2016

0 Comments


It's the same old story every summer...there's nothing I can do about it: I feel the need to go to METALDAYS (Tolmin, Slovenia). Since 2012, this amazing metal festival has been my home for a crazy and intense week a year, full of music, friends and beer!
This year, like the previous ones, 12000 metalheads invaded Tolmin, a small, quite city, turning it into a metal town: black t-shirt with strange logos, long hair and beards everywhere!





I'm always happy to come back to this festival, since it's a real Metal Holiday and I feel like home. You can go down to the beach to have a beer or an (amazing) cocktail or, if you are brave enough, you can swim in the river Soca...it is so beautiful with its blue and clean water but it is cold AS HELL!  



Picture by Metalpit.it


If you think metalheads are only into extreme music, then you are definitely wrong! Every year this festival offers a great number of activities people can do waiting for the gigs to start (...or to recover from the hangover ;) ). Yoga and Metalza (a work out on metal music) were really appreciated by this year's long haired visitors.



No doubt the main attractions at Metaldays are the concerts! Even if it rained every single day, nothing stopped the people from seeing the bands playing, giving them always great support, dancing, singing, mosh pitting and...jumping and rolling on the mud, having the time of their lives like happy children!



 Picture by Metalpit.it


Moreover, if you are a bit of a fangirl (or fanboy) like me, you can meet your favourite artists at the numerous signing sessions :D I went to meet Fleshgod Apocalypse, Skalmold, Insomnium and Septicflesh!  



Despite the bad weather, I really enjoyed my time in Tolmin, as I always do...I sang, I laughed a lot and I met sooo many nice people. The most beautiful thing, like the Orphaned Land's singer said, is that at Metaldays there are people from different countries and different religions...but it doesn't matter, because we all love metal to the bones, and this makes us a big family!




Sadly I had to leave that little piece of paradise to come home (who am I kidding, i was missing my bed and my bathroom so bad)...but I'm already counting down the days to the next Metaldays! 
See you next year, Tolmin!

Scarlett








You may also like

Nessun commento: